The sad part about Malaysia rubber tree is the fact that people have not realized its characteristics for a long time. The hidden feature of Malaysian rubber tree is its tenacity in the face of extreme natural forces, scientifically known as Hevea Brasiliensis, the tree has incredible qualities of producing durable rubberwood furniture.
There’s a lot of history that goes with Malaysia rubber tree. The tree had been used to produce latex. Once the tree became useless (i.e. at the end of its economic life cycle after 25 – 30 years of latex extraction), it was burnt to be used as fuel, but now things have changed and you have Malaysia rubberwood furniture, which is made from the tree trunk of waste or recycled rubber trees.
Malaysia Rubber Trees in a Rubber Plantation
Now, what is a Malaysia rubber tree?
Malaysia rubber tree is not native to Malaysia’s tropical forests and it is a tree which produces natural rubber for commercialization (see Malaysian Rubber Board, MRB for the development of rubber industry in Malaysia). Rubberwood tree in Malaysia has always been a plantation species and is considered environmentally friendly. It is a medium density hardwood tree which grows healthily only in the tropical climate of Malaysia and few other countries.
The Malaysian rubber tree in modern times has a new role to play. It produces durable high-end rubberwood furniture and a variety of other rubberwood products for Asian, European and the North America markets. The Malaysian rubber tree has in recent years become increasingly popular among the North American consumers because of it unique qualities. What are the qualities that set apart Malaysian rubber tree from other trees?
Here are a few benefits of Malaysia rubber tree listed for you:
- Malaysia rubber tree has the strength of Teak wood (i.e. Teak wood is considered one of the strongest trees around, and the furniture made from Teak wood is considered to be the most expensive and the most durable) and the softness of Birchwood, and that makes it all the more unique.
- The rubberwood furniture made out of Malaysian rubberwood tree has the uniqueness, to be strong and at the same time, it can be cut and designed beautifully with ease.
- Since Malaysia rubberwood furniture is made out of the waste (i.e. recycled rubber trees), after the moisture had been extracted from the fresh rubberwood sawn timbers, the furniture is very eco-friendly, which is quite surprising.
- Considering the unique features rubberwood furniture has, it is cheaper than many of the expensive furniture available with relatively similar qualities.
- Furniture made out of Malaysia rubber tree is very durable, as the rubber tree is known to have high speck intensity. If you buy furniture made out of Malaysia rubber tree, you can be assured that it will last for many years.
- Also, furniture made out of the Malaysia rubber tree is highly resistant to fungus. You will normally not have to worry about fungus eating your wood; the rubberwood furniture will sit safely in your sitting rooms for years.
- Finally, another attractive benefit for you to buy one is that rubberwood furniture is incredibly light weight, and you can pick it up with ease and shift furniture within your house rather easily without breaking your back.
It is important to mention that the use of the Malaysia rubber tree for producing a variety of domestic rubberwood products doesn’t end here; it is equally beneficial for industrial use and is used extensively in various industrial sectors worldwide.